If your stressed over this Covid19 thing and cooped up in the house, just get out your DVD player and watch Dukes.

With every body, being cooped up inside because of this Coronavirus and all, many start to feel blue and pouty. Me? Nah. Yes I caught the virus, but Doctor Henderson, says my exposure was mild and should clear with lots of bed rest, stay inside for two weeks, and drink lots of juice and water. Taking some antibiotics, and should be myself in a few weeks. So what do you do? Well I write, A LOT, work on radio gear in my home studio, and when that gets too much. I turn on my TV, and engage my VCR as well as my DVD player, then I tune out for a few hours, and melt into another world. A world much smoother and an easier time, I get lost in Hazzard County. Yes I get lost watching the Dukes-of-Hazzard 
 Hazzard County has been my escape and refuge, for nearly 41 years. Many say that its only a TV show, that's phony and has no substance. Besides the moral lessons I get from the show itself, for us in the Hazzard Knytes(that's Knights) Hazzard County is a way of life. You can take me out of Hazzard, but you can't take the Hazzard out of me. My entire life has revolved in and around that TV show, and with just cause. The loyalty is based, on the fact that when my Mom passed away in 1983, it wasn't the Mormon Church Ward in where I resided, it was the Knytes, as well as the entire cast except 2 that showed up for my Mom's funeral, chipped it a few dollars to help me through until the Foundation monies kicked in, and a few shoulders to cry on. 
From the very second that I found Hazzard County, and the entire package, we as in myself, Jimmy Macdonald, Allen Culbertson Junior, Ron Adams,  8, rural kountry gearheads  went to a formation meeting at the then Polish Palace{now the Snake River Grill} in the small Idaho town of Hagerman(aka Hazzard) Idaho. That 8 of us turned into 15, that evolved beyond the confines of Hazzard, Idaho. To the World, In the first 6 months of formation, in 1982 the Hazzard Knytes went from a mere 25, to over 60,000 members from 4 mountain western states. This was very much pre Internet days. What put us on the radar of just about every motor nut, was OUR General Lee, that we took to the 1981 Salt Lake City AutoRama. {The show was different then, there were hot rods and customs, not a commercial vendor fair like it is now.} One photo of our General, and its core group, and we became area celebrities in a way.  Over time we created 6 spin off organizations. The main being the Hazzard County Knytes, named after the movie 
 Then came the Rode Knytes truck rod Club, that is now the Iron Knytes Association, then came the Hazzard County Choppers Klub, that became the Knytes-of-Dixie MC in 2006, and to round it out we created by membership urging, the Deere Dazzlerz Association, that was chaired by none other than Jerry Sloan head coach at the time of the Utah Jazz. Larry H Millers backing didn't hurt the organization none either. Then in 2003 the Hazzard Knytes formed a subsidiary, for us who flew in the Navy as well as Marine Corps, called , yep The AyreWolvez Vintage Military Aviation Association. The entire organization today has just a tad over 3, million members around the world. My dedication to this organization has never ever waivered. I've always been there fighting for the show, its core message, and our membership. That will never stop as long as I can breathe. So do like I do, if Covid19 is getting to you, there is a cure, Its called TV and The Dukes of Hazzard. 
 Until L8R Ya'll 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Tonight's Episode of WolfPack Sunday Radio

Ever get the feeling that Facebook is eroding ?

And this is why there IS Salt Lake City, and why there is a Highway going between here and there.